Saturday, April 25, 2009

Learning: Art or Science?

Initially coming from a science background, I have to constantly remind myself that teaching is an art. I cannot expect results like ones from a machine. We have constantly worked on little things like identifying verbs, nouns and adverbs but I want to move on to gerunds and advanced grammar.

I shall not give up. Teaching might be hard but it is so worthwhile. The improvement brings a smile to my face and makes my day. Moving on to literature will be difficult but I believe that it is possible with patience and persevereance. No pain, no gain right?

I've found that using the Peter and Jane series might be helpful but they are all the way at home. Hopefully, my parents can ship them over for they are so helpful in teaching basic language skills. Keep teaching classmates! Never give up for the end is near*

0 comments: