Saturday, April 25, 2009

Language Barriers

Knowing how important this was for her, I have been keeping up with the meetings. Time is very limited as we are both very busy people so i try to keep class concise and to the point.

Initially, it was hard just to keep a conversation going, but it has got much easier. I have discovered that the art of teaching is basically the art of listening. The more I listen to her problems the better I am at helping her. I believe what we do, as college students helping matters so much and I hope she improves a lot more.

I've discovered that using the translating tool Google uses: http://translate.google.com has enabled lessons to go so much more smoothly.  Now that I can assign homework, lessons have gotten better and faster. Hopefully we'll get to active and passive voice soon.

0 comments: